For years now, virtual home tours have helped real estate buyers far and wide find the perfect home. From long-distance military personnel being relocated, to investors expanding their portfolio, to
Custom Chalkboard Pumpkins
Dated: October 10 2018
Forget Carving! Add a circle of leftover chalkboard paint to one side of a pumpkin and draw on some funny faces (anyone you know come to mind?). Do the family, a group of friends, your pets or even Mr. Jack-o'-Lantern himself. Painting a circle on the front of the pumpkin with chalkboard paint and writing Halloween messages or draw a portrait. Not only does this brilliant shortcut preserve most of the pumpkins' happy orange color, but it creates the perfect canvas for faces.
To make your own pumpkin family portrait:
1. Select pumpkins in a variety of shapes. Look for smooth sides without too many blemishes or deep ridges. Wash and dry your pumpkins thoroughly.
2. Paint chalkboard circles with a paintbrush an inch or so wide. Apply at least three coats of paint, allowing the paint to dry completely between each coat .
3. Rough up the end of a piece of chalk before drawing on the pumpkin. The square edges of a fresh piece of chalk can scrape off the chalkboard paint. If this happens, just touch up the scuff with more paint.
4. Erase any goofs or smudges with a damp paper towel. You can also completely erase your faces and try different people, hairdos and expressions.
5. Finish off your scene with a vase of twigs and leaves, add battery operated candles and a faux crow with a copy of "The Raven"if you like .
Interested in Buying or Selling a Home/Investment Property?
Please contact me anytime for a Free Market Value Analysis.
Download my app to search for properties by texting 'Christina' to 512-270-7326
REALTOR®, GREEN, GRI, CNE
512 693 8604 office /512 632 3162 cell
Turning Savvy, Informed Austin Area Urbanites into Successful Homeowners, Investors, Sellers and Leaser’s!
Turning Savvy, Informed Austin Area Urbanites into Successful Homeowners, Investors, Sellers and Leaser’s!....
Latest Blog Posts
This year has brought lots of changes, uncertainty, triumphs and defeats.I've been coping with 2020 by immersing myself in work and fitness. I've been a healthy eater all my life and have worked