Whether you’re prepping your house to go on the market or looking for ways to maximize its long-term appreciation, these nine home improvement projects are great ways to add function, beauty, and
Custom Chalkboard Pumpkins
Forget Carving! Add a circle of leftover chalkboard paint to one side of a pumpkin and draw on some funny faces (anyone you know come to mind?). Do the family, a group of friends, your pets or even Mr. Jack-o'-Lantern himself. Painting a circle on the front of the pumpkin with chalkboard paint and writing Halloween messages or draw a portrait. Not only does this brilliant shortcut preserve most of the pumpkins' happy orange color, but it creates the perfect canvas for faces.
To make your own pumpkin family portrait:
1. Select pumpkins in a variety of shapes. Look for smooth sides without too many blemishes or deep ridges. Wash and dry your pumpkins thoroughly.
2. Paint chalkboard circles with a paintbrush an inch or so wide. Apply at least three coats of paint, allowing the paint to dry completely between each coat .
3. Rough up the end of a piece of chalk before drawing on the pumpkin. The square edges of a fresh piece of chalk can scrape off the chalkboard paint. If this happens, just touch up the scuff with more paint.
4. Erase any goofs or smudges with a damp paper towel. You can also completely erase your faces and try different people, hairdos and expressions.
5. Finish off your scene with a vase of twigs and leaves, add battery operated candles and a faux crow with a copy of "The Raven"if you like .
Interested in Buying or Selling a Home/Investment Property?
Please contact me anytime for a Free Market Value Analysis.
Download my app to search for properties by texting 'Christina' to 512-270-7326
REALTOR®, GREEN, GRI, CNE
512 693 8604 office /512 632 3162 cell
Turning Savvy, Informed Austin Area Urbanites into Successful Homeowners, Investors, Sellers and Leaser’s!
Turning Savvy, Informed Austin Area Urbanites into Successful Homeowners, Investors, Sellers and Leaser’s!....