Learn how to determine your current net worth and how an investment in real estate can help improve your bottom line.Among its many impacts, COVID-19 has had a pronounced effect on the housing.
The Texas Coast Is Facing The Worst Floods Ever Recorded
Dated: August 28 2017
The Texas Coast is facing the worst #Floods ever Recorded; #HurricaneHarvey has Devastated many communities. Here's a link list of how to #HelpPeople WorkingOnTheGround with #Your$$$$
Thank You in advance for your #KindnessAndGenerosity
Get your #Wallet Out:
- Via United We Dream, resources en español, including details about residency status and ID-related queries
- Texas Diaper Bank is creating relief kits
- Houston Coalition for the Homeless is coordinating shelter
- SPCA of Texas coordinating animal rescue and rehoming
- Houston DSA coordinating volunteers for rescue and assistance
- Houston Food Bank
- Direct Relief connects safety net providers with medical supplies
- Driscoll Children's Hospital in Corpus Christi
- Portlight prioritizes disaster relief for people with disabilities
- Austin Pets Alive is taking in strays from Harvey zones
- Corpus Christi food bank
- Galveston food bank
- AirB&B for places to stay
- Global Giving's Hurricane Harvey relief fund
- GoFundMe pages related to Hurricane Harvey (I haven't vetted these)
- Dallas shelters prep for evacuees, how to help here
- HEB: mobile kitchens, aid + find out which stores are open
- Austin folks: Sign up to help!
- Houston Emergency Aid Coalition
- Target Hunger - local neighborhood food bank in Houston
- Houston Area Women's Shelter - domestic violence aid w/hotlines open during storm
- Forgotten Dogs of the 5th Ward coordinating animal rescue in neighborhood, need assistance and repairs for kennels, etc
- Team Rubicon: Deploys veterans to respond in crises
- If you have a boat in Houston, here's how to help!
- Help supply period products to Texans in need! This org is working to donate tampons, pads etc to Houstonians.
- The city of Houston has launched a disaster relief fund
- SPREAD THE WORD: Texans should try to file insurance claims before September 1st, when a new law making payouts harder to enforce goes into effect. More here.
- SPREAD THE WORD: "Mattress Mack" is opening his furniture stores to people who need shelter. Pets welcome!
- SPREAD THE WORD: List of shelters in Houston
MORE FOOD BANK INFO via Houston Press:
Houston Food Bank
Galveston Food Bank
Food Bank of the Golden Crescent (Victoria)
Corpus Christi Food Bank
Southeast Texas Food Bank (Beaumont)
Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley (Pharr)
Brazos Valley Food Bank (Bryan)
Central Texas Food Bank (Austin)
San Antonio Food Bank
Turning Savvy, Informed Austin Area Urbanites into Successful Homeowners, Investors, Sellers and Leaser’s!....
Latest Blog Posts
Today’s real estate market is one of the fastest-moving in recent memory. With record-low inventory in many market segments, we’re seeing multiple offers—and sometimes even bidding wars—for